SHOWJUMPING MAIN RING 9.30 A.M. START
Show jumping entries on the day at the commentary box by Main SJ Ring
(No horse or pony to compete in more than 2 height and 2 novelty classes. Combinations may only enter Lead rein & Beginners or Novice & Intermediate or Intermediate & Open plus suitable Novelty classes)
1. Novice Horse or Pony – max height 55cm – 2 phase
2. Pairs Horse or Pony max height of jumps 55cm – single phase timed from start of first horse to finish of second. Must exchange whip on changeover.
3. Intermediate Horse or Pony – max height 65cm – 2 phase
4. Accumulator – min height 45cm, max height 75cm. Riders will have 60 seconds to gain as many points as possible. Each jump will be worth a certain number of points and be able to be jumped in both directions but a maximum of once each way. Joker will be worth 200 points but will be deducted from final score if
knocked down. Buzzer will sound after 60 seconds and the rider must cross the finish line to stop the clock.
Winner to receive a goodie bag & cash prize of £25.
5. Open Horse or Pony – max height 85cm – 2 phase
6. Horse & Hound – max height 45cm. Horse to jump first. Must exchange whip on changeover. Dog to jump last 4 fences. Fastest time wins. Prizes in kind to winning dogs and humans!
7. ****2pm Prompt in the main showground arena****
Higher & Higher Cash Puissance – starting at 45cm – The winner to reach top height will receive a cash prize of up to £50 (prize dependent on entry numbers – minimum £25 prize).
8. Cross pole Beginners – max height 45cm. Genuine newcomers and first ridden show jumping, please enter in the spirit this is intended. Rosettes for all competitors.
9. Lead Rein – shortened course – max 25cm – timed start to finish. Snaffle bridles and lead rein to be attachedto noseband only. Rosettes for all competitors.
10. Chase me Charlie – barrel jumping – who can jump the most accurately over narrowing containers?
Gymkhana Games to follow last class in the Showjumping ring
– please support these classes!
a) Lead rein 8 years & under – egg & spoon, bending & flag
b) Junior 9 – 12 years – egg & spoon, bending & sack race
c) Teens 13 – 19 years – egg & spoon, bending & apple bob
d) Seniors 20-99 years – egg & spoon, bending & apple bob
In Hand – Ring 1 – 9.30am Start
All colts over 2 years old must be bitted and handled by a competent adult. A stallion disc must be attached to the bridle.
11. Open In Hand Broodmare with or without foal at foot
12. Yearling colt, filly or gelding
13. 2 & 3 year old colt, filly or gelding
14. Open 4 year old & over, stallion, mare or gelding
15. Mountain & Moorland – Small Breeds – Dartmoor, Exmoor, Shetland, Connemara, Fell, Dales, New Forest, Highland (excluding Welsh) To be shown in natural state. Class split small/large if entries warrant.
16. Native/Traditional Horse/Pony – To be shown in natural state
17. Coloured Horse/Pony – native, traditional or plaited
18. Show/maxi cob – trimmed and hogged
19. Hunter Type Horse or Pony – To be shown plaited
20. Foreign Breeds – to be shown according to society standards
21. Arab/anglo arab/part bred horse/pony
22. Veteran Horse or Pony exceeding 15 yrs. Special prize for the Golden Oldie!
23. Open Heavy/Draught horse – Shire/Clydesdale/Suffolk/Percheron etc.
Championship 1 – 1st & 2nd prize winners from classes 11-23 eligible to compete.
In Hand Ring 2 – Welsh Classes – 9.00am Start
– WPCS Rosettes awarded to section Champions.
All entries to be entered into their relative section of the WPCS Stud book and registration number/sire/dam stated on the entry form. Colts exc 2 years & Stallions must be bitted and shown by a competent handler. Stallion Discs to be worn on the bridle. Any animal deemed not in full control may be asked to leave the showground. Please do NOT enter the ring at full Welsh trot – there may be children competing in the next ring!
24. Welsh Sec A – Yearling Colt filly or gelding
25. Welsh Sec A – 2/3 year old colt, filly or gelding
26. Welsh Sec A – 4 years and over mare with or without foal at foot
27. Welsh Sec A foal born in current year with dam (FREE entry) without dam class fee applies
28. Welsh Sec A gelding – any age
29. Welsh Sec A stallion – 4 years and over
* Sec A Championship – for all 1st & 2nd Prize winners in classes 24-29
30. Welsh Sec B – Yearling colt filly or gelding
31. Welsh Sec B – 2/3 year old Colt, filly or gelding
32. Welsh Sec B – 4 years and over mare with or without foal at foot
33. Welsh Sec B foal born in current year with/without dam
34. Welsh Sec B gelding – any age
35. Welsh Sec B Stallion – 4 years and over
* Sec B Championship – for all 1st & 2nd Prize winners in classes 30-35
36. Welsh Sec C – Yearling colt, filly or gelding
37. Welsh Sec C – 2/3 year old colt, filly or gelding
38. Welsh Sec C – 4 years and over mare with or without foal at foot
39. Welsh Sec C foal born in current year with/without dam
40. Welsh C gelding – any age
41. Welsh C stallion – 4 years and over
* Sec C Championship – for all 1st & 2nd Prize winners in classes 36-41
42. Welsh D – Yearling colt, filly or gelding
43. Welsh D – 2/3 year old colt, filly or gelding
44. Welsh D – 4 years and over mare with or without foal at foot
45. Welsh Sec D foal born in current year with/without dam
46. Welsh D gelding – any age
47. Welsh D stallion – 4 years and over
* Sec D Championship – for all 1st & 2nd Prize winners in classes 42-47
48. Welsh Part bred 1,2 or 3 year old
49. Welsh Part bred 4 years and over mare with or without foal at foot
50. Welsh Part Bred foal born in current year with/without dam
51. Welsh Part Bred gelding – any age
52. Welsh Part Bred Stallion – 4 years and over
* Part Bred Championship – for all 1st & 2nd Prize winners in classes 48-52
* Supreme Welsh Championship open to all Section Champions & Reserve Champions to compete for the Jackie Hill Memorial Cup
* The Supreme Welsh Champion and Reserve Champion will be eligible for the Champion of Champions at the end of all championships
53. Most Appealing Horse or pony – the one the judge would most like to take home! Prizes for all competitors.
54. Young Handler 9 years and under. May be accompanied by an adult. Prizes for all competitors.
55. Young Handler 10 – 15 years. Prizes for all competitors.
Ridden Ring 3 – 9.30am Start
56. Best turned out not exceeding 14.2hh. On or off lead rein to be attached to the noseband, snaffle only.
Competitors will only be required to walk.
57. Best turned out exceeding 14.2hh. Competitors will only be required to walk.
58. Novice Rider – any height horse/pony – not to have won a ridden show class. Competitors will be only be required to walk & trot. Please enter in the spirit intended.
59. Local rider 16 years & under – to reside within 10 miles of Turnditch Church
60. Local Rider 17 years and over – to reside within 10 miles of Turnditch Church
61. Riding Club Horse or Pony – to include a small jump max 35cm. Show to include walk, trot & canter, rein back and halt.
Championship 2 – 1st & 2nd prize winners from classes 56-61 are eligible to compete. Champion & Reserve are then eligible to compete for the Supreme Ridden in Show on conclusion of all ridden classes.
Ridden Ring 3 – to follow after lunch break
62. Style & Appearance Lead Rein not exc. 12.2hh. Riders 9 years & under (Lead rein attached to noseband. Snaffle bridles only.)
63. Style & Appearance First Ridden not exc 12.2hh. Riders 12 years & under.
64. Style & Appearance not exc 13.2hh
65. Style & Appearance exc 13.2hh not exc 15hh
66. Style & Appearance exc 15hh
67. Concours d’elegance – Horse or Pony (Lead Rein – snaffle bridles, lead attached to noseband).
Championship 3 – 1st & 2nd prize winners from classes 62-67 are eligible to compete. Champion & Reserve are then eligible to compete for the Supreme Ridden in Show on conclusion of all ridden classes.
Ridden Ring 4 – 9.30am start.
68. Veteran Ridden – Horse/Pony exceeding 15years – Special Rosette to Golden Oldie!
69. Hunter Type Horse/Pony any height.
70. Ridden Heavy/Draught Horse – Shire/Clydesdale/Suffolk/Percheron etc.
71. Ridden Arab/Anglo arab/Part bred arab . Horse/Pony any height.
72. Show/Maxi Cob – Hogged & trimmed.
73. Ridden coloured – native/traditional/plaited. Horse/Pony any height.
74. Ridden native/traditional cob. Horse/Pony any height.
75. Mountain & Moorlands Small Breeds (Shetland, Exmoor, Dartmoor) excluding Welsh.
76. Mountain & Moorlands Large Breeds (Fell, Dales, Connemara, Highland, New Forest) excluding Welsh
77. Welsh Small Breeds – sec A & B
78. Welsh Large Breeds – Sec C & D
Championship 4 – 1st & 2nd prize winners from classes 68-78 are eligible to compete. Champion & Reserve are then eligible to compete for the Supreme Ridden Show on conclusion of all ridden classes
Working Hunter Ring – 10.00am Start.
79. Lead Rein – 12.2hh and under. Riders 9 years and under. Lead rein attached to noseband. Max height 25cm
80. Nursery Stakes – 12.2hh and under. Riders 10 years and under. Snaffle only. Max height 35cm
81. Beginners Working Hunter. Open to genuine beginners & may not enter class 82-85. Max height 45cm.
82. 55cm Working Hunter Horse/Pony
83. 65cm Working Hunter Horse/Pony
84. 75cm Working Hunter Horse/Pony
85. 85cm Working Hunter Horse/Pony