Equine Flu Statement
Whilst we strongly advise all horses are vaccinated against equine influenza, we will not implement passport checking for up to date vaccines. Passports must be in attendance with your animals to comply with the law and spot checks may be carried out on the day. Please use common sense to prevent any risk to your animals and we reserve the right to ask any animals looking unwell to be removed from the Showground on the advice of the vet in attendance. Please use your common sense!
1. Anyone attending the show does so entirely at their own risk and it is a condition of attendance that no liability attaches itself to the organisers of the show in any respect whatsoever.
2. The decision of the Judge (s) is final.
3. Anyone who is mounted on a horse/pony must wear suitable protective headwear and the correct riding attire. It is also advisable that any handler of a horse/pony should adhere to the above.
4. Dogs must be kept on leads at all times. Extendable leads are forbidden.
5. All horses/ponies entered in any ridden class must be at least 4 years old.
6. The organisers reserve the right to amend, amalgamate, split or move any classes if deemed necessary, either before and/or on the day of the show.
7. Rider’s age is taken as on the day of the show unless otherwise stated.
8. Riders must not proceed any faster than a walk in pedestrian areas.
9. All entries must be made on the official entry form provided. Please complete the entry form together with your address so that the show secretary has accurate records.
10. The organisers cannot be held responsible for classes clashing and no monies will be refunded in these circumstances. Please endeavour to inform ring stewards of any such circumstances.
11. Any objections must be given, in writing, to the organisers within one hour of the complaint with a deposit of £50, which will be forfeited if the objection is overruled.
12. Ponies/horses may be entered only once in each event.
13. No substitute entries will be accepted. Refunds will only be considered upon production of a valid vet/ doctor certificate.
14. All colts and stallions must be bitted and handled by a competent adult.
15. Please take all your rubbish and litter home with you. The show site is working farmland – please help us to safeguard the show’s future.
16. Any property damaged by either human or animal must be paid for by the person responsible – whether accidental or otherwise.
17. Organisers cannot be held responsible for late entries received in the post. The post date will be taken as marked.
18. Please observe carefully the ring layouts and parking directions for all vehicles (for safety reasons).
19. All times stated are approximate and attendance on the day will determine the need for any alterations, which may take place at the organiser’s discretion.